geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.3 to 2.1.4 Upgrade Virtual Hosts issue
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 16:56:05 GMT
I'm not sure why anything would have changed between 2.1.3 and 2.1.4.

The message is from tomcat's JAASRealm parseClassNames.  I'm also not
sure why this code is getting called at all because we normally use a
geronimo realm that uses jacc.  So, I would expect that this message
may not indicate that anything has failed.

Have you explicitly configured a JAASRealm somewhere?  Despite the
error message does your app work?

If you want to investigate further I'd recommend putting a breakpoint
at JAASRealm.parseClassNames and trying to figure out why its getting
called.

It would be great if we had a testsuite app that checked that virtual
hosts work in tomcat and jetty.  I'm not quite sure if we could use
one deployment plan for both web apps... I think there might be a way
to have both container specific configurations in the same plan.

I'm also not enough of an expert on http to know how to write a test
for virtual hosts :-(

hope this helps
david jencks