geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Martin Sparenberg <martin.sparenb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Changing the classloader in Geronimo
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 15:47:58 GMT
Hi,

this is probably an uncommon problem, but maybe someone encountered a
similar situation and knows a solution:  :)

We have a build environment with a heavy amount of jar files that are too
much to copy for test-runs into the app structure (WEB-INF/...). (ok, this
is also very inhouse-special, never mind ;) )
When using a plain tomcat environment in the past we take a customized
classloader that knows the special locations of the libs and puts the fs
paths of them to the classpath.
Now we want to switch to geronimo (as the application is to be more
jee-ified).
I found several options for configuring geronimo's classloader but up to now
I found no way for replacing it by an own extension. :(
In tomcat I can name an own loader in WEB-INF/ROOT.xml as <Loader
className="..."/> but that didn't work in Geronimo (or is it just another
file?).
I "played around a bit" with the gbean settings in the geronimo-web.xml but
without success.

Is there a way for replacing/extending the classloader used for my
application in Geronimo?
Or (ever better) is there a way to get to my jars on their team environment
places in the filesystem just by configuration? As I understand, the
'dependency' tags in geronimo-web.xml refers "only" to the libs in the
servers's repository.

Thank you in advance,

Martin