geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <>
Subject G trunk and maven dependencies question
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 23:36:35 GMT
I am building some geronimo plugins "against" G v2.2 (trunk) and I am
getting a strange unresolved maven dependency issue against a dated
version of the   geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec (see below) when I build from a
clean .m2 repository.

AFAICT the geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec version should be 1.0-SNAPSHOT (as
declared in geronimo server root pom). I have "Geronimo Server Private
Repository" and "Apache Snapshots Repository" as repository settings in
my project (should be enough to build gplugins?) but only when I first
build Geronimo server trunk will my derby plugin build without error.
Looking at the generated dependency versions for geronimo-jaspi_1.0_spec
in my built geronimo server trunk I also see a dated version
(1.0-20080804.213256-1) of the spec in dependecies.xml and not as I
would expect the 1.0-SNAPSHOT version.

Do I have some misconfiguration or is this a (by me) unforeseen maven
snapshot behavior?
   peter petersson

[INFO] [car:verify-no-dependency-change]
86K downloaded
[INFO] [car:package]
[INFO] Packaging module configuration:
[INFO]  GBean references are not using proxies
[INFO]  ClassLoading behaviour has changed.  The Original Classloading
mode is in effect.  If you are experiencing a problem
you can change the behaviour by specifying
-DXorg.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MPCLSearchOption= property.  Specify
="safe" to revert to the original behaviour.  This is a temporary change
until we decide whether or not to make it
permanent for the 2.0 release
[ERROR] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
Missing dependency:

View raw message