geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble setting up Axis
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:20:08 GMT
Hi Charles

As a Geronimo user I found this quite simple web service example (in
Geronimos wiki) to be a good stepping stone to learn about how to build
web services in Geronimo.

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/jaxws-calculator-simple-web-service-with-jax-ws.html

If you are using G 2.1.x I suggest you also download and try out the
sample source code. You will find instructions here

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html

This and the link Kevan pointed you to (
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/web-services.html )  would probably
get you started and as others already pointed out Axis2 is already In
Geronimo Tomcat.

Looking for more general information about Geronomo (If you haven't
found It yet) take a look at "Geronimo user guide" and "Developer's
Guide" here http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/

regards
    peter petersson

cknell@onebox.com wrote:
> I'm working a tutorial from IBM. I've got Geronimo running. I've have placed the axis2.war
file in the deploy directory. The next instructions are to point my browser to

> http://localhost:8080/axis2/index.jsp
>
> I've set up Geronimo to listen on port 8090, so I changed that part. According to my
instructions I should be seeing a particular web page, but instead I get a 404 error telling
me: