geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:46:56 GMT

On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:12 PM, bernstml wrote:

> So I have a question:
>
> I have a jar which I want to use in my web application.  I normally
> link the
> jar in Netbeans and deploy

I have no idea what this means...
> , which makes the deploy time exceedingly long.
>
> I want to put the libraries in the repository, and call upon them in
> my
> application.  I know what I need to add to the geronimo-web.xml
> file, but I
> do not know how to call them in my code.  For example, there is a
> class
> called Bob in this jar, and I want to import myjar.whatever.*; and
> Bob b =
> new Bob("geronimo is frustrating");

Geronimo doesn't change java :-)  If you get the jar into the
application classloader by including a dependency on it in the
environment element in geronimo-web.xml, the classes in the jar will
be available to your application.

> Can I do this?  How?

Yes, by including a dependency on the jar in geronimo-web.xml in the
environment element.

thanks
david jencks