geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Asif10 <asi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo loses data stored in HTTP Session
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:57:58 GMT

Thanks for the info David, I have managed to get it working.

In my haste i did not test the application correctly. It turns out if you
call the action directly then the session information is being stored
correctly. The part which wouldn't work was when the application made remote
calls using DOJO. Making remote calls always showed the session as being
empty, but invoking "non-remoting" actions in a browser for example shows
the session as being populated.

Using the Live Headers addon i noticed that the session ids for the remote
calls, was different each time it was invoked, but for the other actions it
was always the same.

The reason why the a new session id was different each time was because the
url has an extra "/", just before the context e.g.

"http://localhost:8080//mycontext/remoteCall.action"

Dropping that extra slash, now shows the session being populated. I am now
able to make remote calls where the session is being stored correctly.
Application is working fine now

Thanks for your help, it was very useful in allowing me to track the problem
down.

Asif