geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kaupo <kpar...@gmail.com>
Subject Datasource connections not released into pool when connecting from a webservice bean
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:20:06 GMT

I have one single factory class that I use to access the datasources of my
application and getting a connection. (OracleConnectionFactory)
When I log in from the web container and do a query, this datasource is
called 3 times.
1. find authenticating user
2. log the authentication session into my db
3. log the query that the user made

Steps one and two are made in a UserDao object that uses my
OracleConnectionFactory. In both cases I close the connections that I get
from the factory.
Step three is made in and EJB, that also uses the same connection factory
class - the used connection is yet again closed in the end.

When I access the query from the web container, then things work fine, but
when I do it from my webservice, then the connection factory runs out of
connections the number of queries I can make equals to the number of
connections I have setup in the Database Pools console of the server.

Any ideas why this is happening?