geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservice handling consuming considerable CPU (Windows)
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 04:56:17 GMT

On Apr 29, 2009, at 10:32 PM, Ivan wrote:

> It seems that the search for service provider for the
> TransformerFactory takes too much time.
> I suggest you set the the corresponding implemenation via system
> property or put it to a jaxp.properties in the jre's lib folder.
> You could refer more in the Java Doc of TransformerFactory class.

It may be that that this behavior could be tweaked by configuring
TransformerFactory. However, shouldn't be expecting our users to do
the tweaking, IMO.

<snip>

mdasari,
My compliments on an excellent piece of problem diagnosis. Very nice
job.

> My questions are:
> 1. I don't see those JARs in the location it is looking for, is
> there a way
> to disable this lookup? Do I've to place those jar files in those
> locations?

It may be that you can disable this search, but you shouldn't have to
do anything... I have no idea why we're looking for those jars in
those locations... Maybe someone else will have a good idea?

> 2. Where does class-loader get this list of JARs? Can I tweak anything
> there?

The jars that will be searched for are based on dependencies that are
identified when Geronimo is built/assembled, dependencies defined by
your deployment plan (if you have one), and artifacts deployed in
your .WAR/.EAR.

> 3. Did I configure something incorrectly?

Is this a clean install of Geronimo? E.g. did you overlay an older
version of Geronimo with a newer one?

> Geronimo/Webservice functionally still works, but I'd expect severe
> problems
> when I use this service with multiple ws clients.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on this?

Not immediately. You could create a Jira for this. If you have an
application that demonstrates the issue, that's great.

--kevan