geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <jochenl...@web.de>
Subject Problems using log4j Gbean
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:16:42 GMT
Hello,

we use geronimo 2.1.1. For Logging, we use Log4j and the log4j Plugin.

We have two Webapplications (WebApp A and WebApp B) running. Both use a "util.jar".

If we deployApplication A before application B, Application A logs into Application Bs logfile.
If we deploy first application B, application B logs into application As logfile.

I guess, this is related to the equal package name from util.jar.

Is there a possibility to avoid this?

Here is geronimo-web.xml (plugin part) for application A. Application Bs is equal. Only the
properties name is different.
<gbean name="DirectoryLog4jConfiguration" class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean">
    <attribute name="log4jFile">var/log/applicationA.properties</attribute>
        <reference name="ServerInfo">
            <name>ServerInfo</name>
        </reference>
 </gbean>

And here is the content of the log4j properties File for application A. This is equal to application
Bs properties. Only fileA changed to fileB and so on.

log4j.appender.fileA=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.fileA.threshold=DEBUG
log4j.appender.fileA.file=${org.apache.geronimo.server.dir}/var/log/appA.log
log4j.appender.fileA.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.fileA.layout.ConversionPattern=Application A: %d{dd.MM.yyyy, HH:mm:ss} %p (%c:%L)
%m%n

log4j.logger.de.test.webapp.util=DEBUG,fileA
log4j.logger.de.test.webapplicationA=DEBUG,fileA
log4j.additivity.de.webapp.util=false
log4j.additivity.de.webapplicationA=false

Thanks a lot!
Regards
Jochen