James, the page you mentioned is about how to build a local plugin repository and import plugins from it. I guess it could be applied to the remote repository as well, as long as you have a geronimo-plugins.xml and all plugins ready for import.

For example, you have a remote repository with url http:\\www.yourcompany.com\plugins, and you've already placed a geronimo-plugins.xml file in. Then add your url to your repository list from geronimo admin console and plugins will be listed for install.

I didn't try the scenario yet, but I think it's possible.

Anything incorrect or misleading, please someone, just hop in.

Jeff Chi