Thanks a lot, Kevan.

I'll update this thread again when I have any other questions upon Geronimo file system.

Jeff C

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

On Feb 25, 2009, at 5:00 AM, chi runhua wrote:

Hi, I am looking into the Geronimo file structure and planning to document the usage of each directories.  Could anyone explain the usage of following directories?

<Geronimo_HOME>\etc               -->??

etc is a directory for configuration of GShell commands

<Geronimo_HOME>\META-INF      -->??

Interesting. I hadn't noticed this directory, before. It seems to be generated only in our Java EE 5 assemblies. I don't believe that the directory serves any purpose. I think it's a mistake and is some artifact of our build process.

<Geronimo_HOME>\var\shared     -->??

var/shared/lib and var/shared/classes are the default directories that the Geronimo sharedlib configuration. You can use these directories to to easily share jar files or classes among multiple applications. Place jars or classes in these directories, and declare a dependency in your application deployment plan on the sharedlib configuration. E.g.

   <dependencies>
       <dependency>
           <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
           <artifactId>sharedlib</artifactId>
       </dependency>
   </dependencies>

--kevan