geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GBean documentation improvement
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:07:47 GMT
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Radim Kolar <hsn@sendmail.cz> wrote:

> I have some suggestions about improving following document:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-and-deploying-a-geronimo-gbean.html
>
> 1. GBean Lifecycle section
>   what is doFail() method expected to do? Shutdown gbean and make it sure
> that calling doStart() will do nothing?

Agreed to add description of doFail().   What do you mean "calling doStart()
will do nothing ?" ?

> 2. GBean attributes
> SimpleServerGBean doesn't have get/set methods for its attributes `name`
> and
> `port`. I would like to see and example handling of invalid input. for
> example setPort(-1). Should gbean just ignore attribute change or throw
> IllegalArgument exception?

I think this should be in unit testing code but not in a introduction
document. Could suggest the user to look at the GBean related unit to find
more information.

> 3. Make some example Gbean using references

Agreed.

> 4. Deploy
> What should i do if gbean itself needs another library to work? Deploy both
> .jars into jars repository and list both as dependencies when we are about
> to create gbean instance by deploying simpleServer_deployment_plan.xml ?

Correctly, you need to deploy both jars into repository manually.  and then
add them to the dependencies section of the plan file.