geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: your current Geronimo evaluation
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 02:37:54 GMT

On Mar 5, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Aldian_00 wrote:

> OK thank you all for the answers. We will consider this wit a lot of
> attention. But to be frankly, we have difficulties to see in what
> Geronimo
> is better than JBoss and Glassfish that are much mor famous and with
> a far
> bigger community. Do you know some interessant points on which
> Geronimo is
> better than its concurrent and that couterblance this?

As far as I know, Geronimo custom assemblies are unique and, in my
opinion a very important feature. The ability to build fully-
configured servers, rather than servers that require a mixture of
deployment, administrative configuration, etc. would seem to be an
advantage.

Another advantage is the Licensing and openness of Apache projects.
Anyone can join the Geronimo community, and once sufficient karma has
been earned, they' can help drive the community in new directions.
Glassfish and JBoss will be happy to accept any contributions you
might offer. But that's as far as it will go...

--kevan