geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSF 1.2, Geronimo WoodStock Control, Exception while restoring state of component
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:22:34 GMT

On Mar 25, 2009, at 6:58 AM, Bob78 wrote:

> Hi All,
> Server  : Geronimo Build 2.1.1.1-20081204
> Java     : Version 1.5.0_06
> JSF       : 1.2
> Controls : WoodStock components
>
> I am using JSF with woodstock components,
>
> When i am running the app, the first page with the controls loads
> successfully, but the state of the components are not saved in the
> session,
> I have the below entry in my web.xml
>
>  <context-param>
>    <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
>    <param-value>server</param-value>
>  </context-param>
>
> Please can you point me in the right direction ?

Not sure about the "right" direction, but I would start by running the
latest version of Geronimo (which contains the latest MyFaces code).
Geronimo 2.1.4 is currently up for a release vote. You can download a
binary from here:

http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/geronimo-2.1.4-dist-rc2/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.4-bin.zip

Your NullPointerException is occurring in the following MyFaces code:

String renderKitId = context.getViewRoot().getRenderKitId();

getViewRoot() is returning null, as indicated in the following

> Below is the stack trace of
>
> javax.faces.FacesException: Exception while restoring state of
> component :
> {Component-Path : [Class: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId:
> null][Class: com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.Page,Id: page1][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.Html,Id: html1][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.Body,Id: body1][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.Form,Id: form1][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.TabSet,Id: tabSet1][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.Tab,Id: hierarchy_tab][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.PanelLayout,Id: layoutPanel_id][Class:
> javax.faces.component.UINamingContainer,Id: LegalHierarchy][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.Table,Id: DirectParentTable_id][Class:
> com.sun.rave.web.ui.component.TableRowGroup,Id: directParent_RowGrup]}

--kevan