geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject First time user can't start geronimo
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:58:27 GMT
I have downloaded the .jar file and verified it's signature.

I am working on a Windows XP computer (Version 2002, Service Pack 3).

I started Geronimo with the "geronimo start" command and things began to happen, but eventually
the process errored out. So I retried, this time capturing the console output to a text file
for easy review.

The first error message is:
===========
]  39%  13s Starting org.apache.ger...10:21:55,629 ERROR [Http11Protocol] Error initializing
endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind /0.0.0.0:8080
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(JIoEndpoint.java:504)

I checked  using netstat and did not find any process in possession of port 8080.

Has anyone got a suggestion?

Thanks.
--
Charles Knell