geronimo-user mailing list archives

Subject First time user can't start geronimo
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:58:27 GMT
I have downloaded the .jar file and verified it's signature.

I am working on a Windows XP computer (Version 2002, Service Pack 3).

I started Geronimo with the "geronimo start" command and things began to happen, but eventually
the process errored out. So I retried, this time capturing the console output to a text file
for easy review.

The first error message is:
]  39%  13s Starting org.apache.ger...10:21:55,629 ERROR [Http11Protocol] Error initializing
endpoint Address already in use: JVM_Bind /

I checked  using netstat and did not find any process in possession of port 8080.

Has anyone got a suggestion?

Charles Knell - email

View raw message