geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo loses data stored in HTTP Session
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:46:53 GMT

On Mar 30, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Asif10 wrote:

> Hi, I have finally managed to get my geronimo server (geronimo-
> tomcat6-javaee5-2.1) up and running. I have installed my Struts2
> application which uses a MySQL datasource. Everything appeared to be
> working until i realised when my app stored info into the
> HTTPSession (via Struts2) it loses the information on the next call.
> So for example a user invokes a url, some data is stored. The user
> calls the url again but the data from the first call is lost. I also
> deployed this EAR file onto JBOSS and it works fine. Does anyone
> have any idea as to why Geronimo loses info stored in the HTTP
> Session Thanks in advance

I don't have any ideas why this might be happening but have a couple
suggestions and questions...

-- can you use something like the firefox live http headers plugin to
see if the session id is getting to the browser and if it is staying
the same over several requests?
-- is the user authenticated when this happens?  are you using form
auth?
-- can you provide a sample app showing the problem?  I'm pretty sure
some session handling is working correctly since the admin console
does let you login.

thanks
david jencks