geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configuring ActiveMQ with external file
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:17:20 GMT

On Mar 17, 2009, at 3:29 AM, Raj Saini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying hard to configure the embedded ActiveMQ to use an
> external configuration file in 2.2 SNAPSHOT (laster trunk revision).
> I read somewhere in the mailing list that it is possible to
> configure 2.2 SNAPSHOT with external file but not finding any
> definite documentation/guide to do the same. I looked around in the
> source tree and found ActiveMQ  plan server/plugins/activemq/
> activemq-broker/src/main/plan folder. However, after building the
> geronimo from source, I do not see the configuration in the Gbean of
> this plan used by the Geronimo.
>
> I shall be thankful if someone can help me or point me to the
> documentation or any other resource.

In 2.2 we are using the "native" xbean-spring xml file to configure
the activemq broker.  By default it's installed into var/activemq/conf/
activemq.xml by this info in the pom.xml/geronimo-plugin.xml:

                         <plugin-artifact>
                             <copy-file relative-to="server" dest-
dir="var/activemq/conf">activemq.xml</copy-file>
                             <copy-file relative-to="server" dest-
dir="var/activemq/template">activemq-template.xml</copy-file>
                         </plugin-artifact>

There's also some admin console support for editing this file which I
think uses the activemq-template file which is also installed.

In any case if you want to deal with editing this file individually on
every server you can just change it in place or if you want a more
reproducible process you could copy the activemq-broker maven project
and build a plugin with your own plan.  Use an artifact-alias entry to
make your plugin replace ours.

hope this answers your question
david jencks