geronimo-user mailing list archives

From chi runhua <chirun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Description of plugins??
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:52:21 GMT
Thanks Rick and David for the input.

>> Plugin name: Geronimo Plugins, J2EE :: JSR-88 JAR Configurer
>> Module ID:org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-jar-configurer//car
>>

> I'm not sure what this one actually does, but I don't understand your
> wording.  I think it provides a base server that lets you run the offline
> jsr88 stuff (plan editing with dconfigbeans)

 Sorry, it's my mistake in writing.  It shoud be "Provides jar
implementation of JSR-88 spec" at the first time because
jsr88-war-configurer, jsr88-ear-configurer and jsr88-rar are remarked as
"war implementaion of JSR-88", "ear implementation of JSR-88" and "rar
implementation" respectively.

>> Plugin name:Geronimo Framework, Configs :: CLI Upgrade
>> Module ID: org.apache.geronimo.framework/upgrade-cli//car
>>

> This is pretty obsolete.  It includes a way to offline upgrade a plan from
> the 1.0 to 1.1 formats.  I don't think we've maintained it since.

If this module is obsolete, I think it should be removed from Web-Little G
plugins group in G2.2. I'll file a JIRA to track this issue and then update
document accordingly.

Jeff Chi