geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Description of plugins??
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:36:02 GMT

On Mar 11, 2009, at 2:11 AM, chi runhua wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've been working on plugins group topic and try to summarize the
> description of each plugin. Some of plugins description are fairly
> clear and easy to understand. But some of them are not. Here I list
> some of plugins with a little description, could someone help to
> take a look and pick out the ones with inaccurate descriptions? If
> you have better comments or description, that will be great.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Jeff Chi
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> Plugin name: Geronimo Framework, Configs :: Client System
> Module ID: org.apache.geronimo.framework/client-system//car
> server.

Initial configuration for a javaEE application client geronimo server

> Plugin name: Geronimo Framework, Configs :: Plugin Management
> Module ID:org.apache.geronimo.framework/plugin//car
Provides plugin management including installing, listing, exporting
plugins and assembling servers.

> Plugin name: Geronimo Framework, Configs :: Shutdown
> Module ID: org.apache.geronimo.framework/shutdown//car
>
> Plugin name: Geronimo Framework, Configs :: JSR-88 CLI
> Module ID:org.apache.geronimo.framework/jsr88-cli//car
> specification.
>
> Plugin name:Geronimo Plugins, Corba :: Client Yoko
> Module ID:org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-corba-yoko//car
>
> Plugin name:Geronimo Plugins, Client :: Deployer
> Module ID:org.apache.geronimo.configs/client-deployer//car
The module deployer for JavaEE app client modules

> Plugin name: Geronimo Plugins, J2EE :: JSR-88 JAR Configurer
> Module ID:org.apache.geronimo.configs/jsr88-jar-configurer//car
> specification.

I'm not sure what this one actually does, but I don't understand your
wording.  I think it provides a base server that lets you run the
offline jsr88 stuff (plan editing with dconfigbeans)

> Plugin name:Geronimo Framework, Configs :: CLI Upgrade
> Module ID: org.apache.geronimo.framework/upgrade-cli//car

This is pretty obsolete.  It includes a way to offline upgrade a plan
from the 1.0 to 1.1 formats.  I don't think we've maintained it since.

thanks
david jencks