geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Gbean to install plugin from remote repository?
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 18:19:44 GMT
Could you outline your goal a little more from a higher level viewpoint?

If you are trying to produce a consistent reproducible server image
with known contents through your build system I recommend assembling a
custom server using maven.

If you are trying to install plugins to an existing server using
scripts I recommend gshell.

If you are building plugins using maven (highly recommended) I
recommend sonatype nexus as a remote plugin repository.  You can
easily set up a company-wide nexus instance and arrange for maven to
deploy your plugins into it.

IIRC in trunk the geronimo-maven-plugin can also be used to install
plugins into a running geronimo server.  I don't recall if this made
it into the 2.1.x series.

thanks
david jencks