geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajbsa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Securing queues and topics in embedded ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:19:29 GMT
Hi David,

I explored it further and found that Geronimo Security Realms work file with the ActiveMQ.
Problem is with the ActiveMQ authorizationPlugin. In AuthorizationEntry class

<code>
  private String groupClass = "org.apache.activemq.jaas.GroupPrincipal";
</code>

is hard coded. I think if the group class can be made configurable  (e.g pass the org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal),
authorization should work. Looking at the ActiveMQ docs, it seems be possible using the interceptor
stuff. Please guide me if this is a right approach and I will give it a try.

Thanks,

Raj

________________________________
From: David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 13 March, 2009 10:29:10 PM
Subject: Re: Securing queues and topics in embedded ActiveMQ

On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Raj Saini wrote:

Hi,

I am having problem securing the ActiveMQ admin objects (queues and topics) in embedded ActiveMQ.I
can do this on a standalone ActiveMQ using JAAS login module plugin. Is it possible to do
the same in embedded ActiveMQ and probably using the Geronimo security realms.
That would be a great feature but I don't think anyone has figured out how to do this yet.
 I suspect you'd need to write some code to adapt activeMQ to the geronimo security framework.

If you investigate further please let us know what you find out!  You might want to work with
geronimo trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT) as it uses the much more up to date activemq 5.3-SNAPSHOT and
if changes to activemq are needed there's a much better chance of getting them included in
a future release.

thanks
david jencks

Regards,