geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: custom derby UserAuthenticator implementation
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:21:34 GMT

On Mar 13, 2009, at 12:10 PM, brd wrote:

> Hi.  I am attempting to use a custom UserAuthenticator
> implementation with a
> derby database accessed within geronimo using the embedded driver.
> I'm
> specifying the authenticator class using the following derby property:
>
> 'derby.authentication.provider', 'my.code.CustomUserAuthenticator'
>
> But, I cannot figure out how to make this custom class visible to the
> classloader of the derby code embedded in geronimo.  I'm using
> geronimo
> 2.0.2 on Windows XP.  Any recommendations on how to configure derby to
> leverage this custom authenticator would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

I'd imagine that if you use this property to configure derby to use
your authenticator then derby expects the class to be available in its
classloader.  The only realistic way to do this in geronimo is to
build your own derby plugin that includes not only the derby classes
but also your class as dependencies, and to replace our derby plugin
with yours.  There are some not terribly great docs on this.

If there's a way to install your authenticator using some derby api
call then you can probably write a gbean that will install your
authenticator.  This would let you also configure it directly.

  Hope this provides some hope and a clue..
david jencks