geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Starting from framework
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 03:22:16 GMT

On Mar 17, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Derek Potts wrote:

> I am interested in setting up Geronimo by starting with the framework
> distribution and adding the things I need. But I can't seem to find
> documentation on how to do so. I have downloaded and can start
> geronimo-framework without a problem. But how do I, for example, add
> the
> jetty web container?

very roughly speaking you run

./bin/gsh deploy/list-modules

pick the geronimo plugin repository you want

(gshell will list the available plugins, including the jetty6 plugin
and you probably want the jetty6-deployer plugin too and maybe even
the console-jetty)
pick the ones you want by number

they will get installed.

I'm afraid I haven't personally checked what happens with released
versions of g.  There's supposed to be a plugin catalog configured for
each version and the location inserted into g. before release, but
since I'm always working with trunk I rely on my local maven repo.  I
do know I've seen commits for these plugin catalogs.... and you can
tell geronimo about them if they aren't already configured.

hope this helps
david jencks