geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie problem with Geronimo 2.1.3
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:15:14 GMT

On Mar 5, 2009, at 8:24 AM, Ricardo Peironcely wrote:

> I've found my error, but i don't know how to solve it.
>
> I'm working with eclipse geronimo adapter. And when I define the
> modules in geronimo-application.xml i wrote:
>
>    <app:module>
>        <app:web>PruebaGeronimoWeb.war</app:web>
>        <app:alt-dd>PruebaGeronimoWeb.war</app:alt-dd>
>    </app:module>
>    <app:module>
>        <app:jar>PruebaGeronimoEjb.ejb</app:jar>
>        <app:alt-dd>PruebaGeronimoEjb.jar</app:alt-dd>
>    </app:module>
>
> The error raises when try to open the jar file as an xml because is
> referenced by the <alt-dd> tag.
>
> But I don't know what write in this <alt-dd> tag. Must I create any
> new file in the EAR package? Is not enough with the openejb-jar.xml
> from EJB jar and geronimo-web.xml from WAR?

- if you have individual module plans (openejb-jar.xml and geronimo-
web.xml) in the modules you should be able to completely leave out
both app:module elements

- I prefer to have all my geronimo configuration in one place.  In
this case you would put the content of the module plans inside the
app:module elements in place of the app:alt-dd element.  I actually
prefer to keep this single plan outside my ear file but this is
certainly not necessary.

thanks
david jencks