geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Starting from framework
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:43:46 GMT

On Mar 19, 2009, at 6:44 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Derek Potts wrote:
>

>> djencks wrote:
>>>

>>> 1. edit var/config/config.xml to look like this:
>>>
>>>            <attribute
>>> name="userRepositories">~/.m2/repository,http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1.4
>>> </attribute>
>>>

>> Since I'm working with the 2.1.3 framework distribution, I made my
>> config.xml look like this:
>> <attribute
>> name="userRepositories">http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1.3
>> </attribute>
>> I dropped ~/.m2/repository since I don't have anything in my local
>> repo.
>>
>> deploy/list-plugins then listed 114 plugins. But I also ran into
>> problems
>> attempting to install Jetty or the console.
>>
>> When I tried
>> 1:      Geronimo Plugins, Console :: Jetty (2.1.3)
>> this was the output:
>> Downloading org.apache.geronimo.plugins/pluto-support/2.1.3/car
>> Downloading org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.1.6-G643117/jar
>> Installation FAILED: Could not find
>> org.apache.pluto/pluto-portal-driver/1.1.6-G643117/jar in any repo
>>
>> When I tried
>> 71:     Geronimo Plugins, Jetty :: Jetty 6 (2.1.3)
>> this was the output:
>> Copying org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-server//car to the
>> repository
>> Installation FAILED: Artifact org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-
>> server//car
>> is
>> not fully resolved
>>
>> Next, I'll see if I can attain my desired setup starting from
>> Little-G.
>
> I forgot about the private-versions-of-pluto/tomcat/etc problem.
> I'm afraid we are unlikely to solve it for 2.1.4. It will still
> prevent you from installing the console from little-g.   Basically I
> think you will need to check out
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/2.1.3/repository/
>
> cd repository
> mvn clean install
>
> this will install all the private artifacts we should be publishing
> under our own groupIds to your local maven repo and then I think the
> console should install OK.
>
> I'm going to look at the missing-version problem in 2.1.4.... maybe
> there will be something we can fix for the release

I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4598 and
attached a patch that fixes the missing version problm for 2.1.4.  I
hope it will get accepted for inclusion in 2.1.4.  With it I can
install console-jetty on a framework server.

Once 2.1.4 is out I'd like to find out if adding the "private jars" to
the 2.1.4 plugin download site  http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/geronimo-2.1.4
  makes them available tor installation with the plugins.  I don't
think this is very satisfactory -- IMO the artifacts need to be in a
well known maven repo -- but would be a lot better than the current
situation.

many thanks
david jencks