geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File structure of Geronimo
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 04:19:33 GMT

On Feb 25, 2009, at 5:00 AM, chi runhua wrote:

> Hi, I am looking into the Geronimo file structure and planning to
> document the usage of each directories.  Could anyone explain the
> usage of following directories?
>
> <Geronimo_HOME>\etc               -->??

etc is a directory for configuration of GShell commands

> <Geronimo_HOME>\META-INF      -->??

Interesting. I hadn't noticed this directory, before. It seems to be
generated only in our Java EE 5 assemblies. I don't believe that the
directory serves any purpose. I think it's a mistake and is some
artifact of our build process.

> <Geronimo_HOME>\var\shared     -->??

var/shared/lib and var/shared/classes are the default directories that
the Geronimo sharedlib configuration. You can use these directories to
to easily share jar files or classes among multiple applications.
Place jars or classes in these directories, and declare a dependency
in your application deployment plan on the sharedlib configuration. E.g.

     <dependencies>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
             <artifactId>sharedlib</artifactId>
         </dependency>
     </dependencies>

--kevan