geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Raj Saini <rajbsa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Securing queues and topics in embedded ActiveMQ
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 03:46:39 GMT
Thanks Jencks,

I will explore it further and post my findings. BTW, do you have any idea of 2.2 release date?
We are planning to release our application in next 3-4 month and it will be great to use 2.2
in production.

Regards,

Raj

________________________________
From: David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com>
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 13 March, 2009 10:29:10 PM
Subject: Re: Securing queues and topics in embedded ActiveMQ

On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Raj Saini wrote:

Hi,

I am having problem securing the ActiveMQ admin objects (queues and topics) in embedded ActiveMQ.I
can do this on a standalone ActiveMQ using JAAS login module plugin. Is it possible to do
the same in embedded ActiveMQ and probably using the Geronimo security realms.
That would be a great feature but I don't think anyone has figured out how to do this yet.
 I suspect you'd need to write some code to adapt activeMQ to the geronimo security framework.

If you investigate further please let us know what you find out!  You might want to work with
geronimo trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT) as it uses the much more up to date activemq 5.3-SNAPSHOT and
if changes to activemq are needed there's a much better chance of getting them included in
a future release.

thanks
david jencks

Regards,