geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: your current Geronimo evaluation
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 13:45:13 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Aldian_00 wrote:
>

>> OK thank you all for the answers. We will consider this wit a lot of
>> attention. But to be frankly, we have difficulties to see in what
>> Geronimo
>> is better than JBoss and Glassfish that are much mor famous and with
>> a far
>> bigger community. Do you know some interessant points on which
>> Geronimo is
>> better than its concurrent and that couterblance this?
>
> As far as I know, Geronimo custom assemblies are unique and, in my
> opinion a very important feature. The ability to build
> fully-configured servers, rather than servers that require a mixture
> of deployment, administrative configuration, etc. would seem to be an
> advantage.

I agree.  There's a link in the 'What's New' portlet on http://wasce.org
site to a short webcast demonstrating how to build custom assemblies.
The webcast is for WAS Community Edition but it's equally applicable to
Geronimo.  Here the direct link to the webcast:

https://www.projectzero.org/download/videos/wasce/wasce-custom-assembly.swf