geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject GBean documentation improvement
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 19:11:06 GMT

I have some suggestions about improving following document:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-and-deploying-a-geronimo-gbean.html

1. GBean Lifecycle section
   what is doFail() method expected to do? Shutdown gbean and make it sure
that calling doStart() will do nothing?

2. GBean attributes
SimpleServerGBean doesn't have get/set methods for its attributes `name` and
`port`. I would like to see and example handling of invalid input. for
example setPort(-1). Should gbean just ignore attribute change or throw
IllegalArgument exception?

3. Make some example Gbean using references

4. Deploy
What should i do if gbean itself needs another library to work? Deploy both
.jars into jars repository and list both as dependencies when we are about
to create gbean instance by deploying simpleServer_deployment_plan.xml ?