geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Bergner <olaf.berg...@saxsys.de>
Subject Re: Suggestion to improve packaging of ejb-jars
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:27:26 GMT

Thanks for your pointer, I will have a closer look at the maven-car-plugin.
Last time I checked, however, I had to write the list of required
dependencies by hand, a task that should be offloaded to maven/the
maven-car-plugin, IMO.

As to your question: it is true that my solution for building an ear is not
totally automatic, i.e. I have to decide up front which dependencies are to
be shared between all modules. By putting those into a separate pom,
however, and referencing that pom in scope "provided" from all jee modules,
in scope "runtime" from my ear module maven more or less automatically
produces a correctly packaged ear.

Thx,
Olaf