geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Bergner <olaf.berg...@saxsys.de>
Subject Re: Access resources in rar embedded inside an ear
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:40:31 GMT

Well, what do I say? I put a file resource.txt into my rar's META-INF
directory and another application.xml into my ear's META-INF directory. Then
I wrote a small test class that tries to load both files via

(1) getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("META-INF/resource.txt")

and

(2)
getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("META-INF/application.xml"),

placing it inside my rar (which subsequently gets bundled in my ear), taking
care to execute it on startup. Oh yes, and I tried both with a leading /,
too.

While (1) returns null, (2) works like a charm. Do we have a problem now, or
am I missing something?

Cheers,
Olaf