geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Bergner <olaf.berg...@saxsys.de>
Subject Access resources in rar embedded inside an ear
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:55:43 GMT

I have an application packaged as an ear containing wars, rars and ejb-jars.
Employing what little I have in the way of graphical talent I would
visualize the overall structure as

app-ear - META-INF/application.xml

    ------- ra.rar - META-INF/ra.xml
    |                  - META-INF/resource.xml

    (further JEE modules)

>From inside code deployed in ra.rar I'm trying to access the classpath
resource

ra.rar/META-INF/resource.xml

using the usual getResourceAsStream(...) mechanism.

This however fails, i.e. returns null. Only if I put resource.xml inside the
ear's META-INF directory am I able to access it.

My expectation is that this is such a common requirement and that when
accessing resources from inside a JEE module you naturally expect those
resources to be resolved relative to the current module and not relative to
the enclosing ear so that there has to be some standard solution. Am I
wrong?

Thx,
Olaf