geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Bergner <>
Subject Problem accessing JNDI resources from inside custom resource adapter
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:28:17 GMT

I'm trying to deploy a Spring context as a custom resource adapter using
SpringContextResourceAdapter . From inside the deployed Spring context, I'm
trying to access a JMS queue using

<jee:jndi-lookup id="myQueue" jndi-name="jms/MyQueue"/>,

i.e. using Spring's JNDI support.

This however fails with a message to the effect (I'm currently at work and
may provide more detailed information later) that I'm trying to access the
JNDI context from a thread that hasn't yet initialized it. This message is
wrapped in an NPE thrown when

returns null.

Could anyone in the know tell me what I'm doing wrong?