geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Bergner <olaf.berg...@saxsys.de>
Subject Problem accessing JNDI resources from inside custom resource adapter
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:28:17 GMT

I'm trying to deploy a Spring context as a custom resource adapter using
Spring's
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/jca/context/SpringContextResourceAdapter.html
SpringContextResourceAdapter . From inside the deployed Spring context, I'm
trying to access a JMS queue using

<jee:jndi-lookup id="myQueue" jndi-name="jms/MyQueue"/>,

i.e. using Spring's JNDI support.

This however fails with a message to the effect (I'm currently at work and
may provide more detailed information later) that I'm trying to access the
JNDI context from a thread that hasn't yet initialized it. This message is
wrapped in an NPE thrown when

RootContext.getContext()

returns null.

Could anyone in the know tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thx,
Olaf