geronimo-user mailing list archives

From jlowe <jl...@expressor-software.com>
Subject propagate security context across threads?
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:53:26 GMT

I have a use case where a web application needs to initiate an EJB operation
that may take considerable time, so therefore I want the EJB method to be
called asynchronously.  I'm using a message queue provided by the
spring-integration project.

The problem I'm having is that when the message is popped off the queue (on
a new thread) and the EJB operation is called, the security context is gone,
and the EJB throws a security related exception.

Is there any way to get the security context, so that I can put it in the
message header, and then put it in the new thread?

Thanks,
-Jeff