geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bob78 <alwin....@citicorp.com>
Subject JSF in Geronimo
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:50:56 GMT

Hi,

  I am new to Geronimo. I have worked on other Web-servers (Tomcat /
Sunone/etc).

  I have a JSF Application that is running in Tomcat / SunOne etc but the
same WAR file when deployed in Geronimo stops working and i am strugling
with this for quite some time.

  Please Can you send me a sample i can use to identify what is going wrong
with my WAR file.
 I have added geronimo.xml in the WEB-INF Folder.

Below is my geronimo.xml

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>

<web-app xmlns='http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1'>
  <environment xmlns='http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1'>
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>test</groupId>
      <artifactId>test</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <type>war</type>
    </moduleId>
    <dependencies>

           <dependency> <!-- appbase
                <groupId>com.sun.rave.web.ui</groupId>
                <artifactId>appbase</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

           <dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun.rave</groupId>
                <artifactId>webui</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

             <dependency>
                <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
                <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
                <version>1.7.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
                <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
                <version>3.2</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>commons-digester</groupId>
                <artifactId>commons-digester</artifactId>
                <version>1.8</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
                <version>1.0.4</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

           <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache</groupId>
                <artifactId>commons-pool</artifactId>
                <version>1.3</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

           <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.faces</groupId>
                <artifactId>jsf-api</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun.faces</groupId>
                <artifactId>jsf-impl</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

          <dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun.data</groupId>
                <artifactId>provider</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun.race.web.ui</groupId>
                <artifactId>defaulttheme</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

           <dependency>
                <groupId>org.apache.taglib</groupId>
                <artifactId>standard</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
                <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
                <artifactId>jsfcl</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

            <dependency>
                <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

           <dependency>
                <artifactId>geronimo-jsp_2.1_spec</artifactId>
                <version>1.0</version>
                <type>jar</type>
            </dependency>

    </dependencies>

  </environment>
  <context-root>/test</context-root>
</web-app>

Please can some one provide me a sample that uses com.sun.faces and that
will run in geronimo. So that i can find my way around Geronimo.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Joe