geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jaikiran <>
Subject Re: your current Geronimo evaluation
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 11:48:54 GMT

Juergen Weber wrote:
> - Geronimo's Console is way better than JBoss's
Haven't used the Geronimo's console, but i agree that JBoss' console is
minimal. However there is Embedded Jopr which provides this capability . Infact, in the soon to be released 5.x
version of the AS, this embedded console will be shipped by default in the

Juergen Weber wrote:
> - I don't like to have to touch application files to make JBoss redeploy
> them
Just some thoughts - there are other way to redeploy in JBoss :)
1) If you are using an IDE with JBoss integration like the JBoss Tools you can redeploy the application without having
to know, how that is done
2) JBoss AS has always provided JMX MBeans to do such stuff. The jmx-console
(http://host:port/jmx-console) has  a MainDeployer which provides a redeploy
option. The jmx-console is the minimal (admin) console that i was talking

Juergen Weber wrote:
> - JBoss's support for new JEE versions is not very speedy
Just curious - was there some specific feature that wasn't available as fast
as some other server did? :)