geronimo-user mailing list archives

From James D Carroll <jamesdcarrol...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Gbean to install plugin from remote repository?
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:34:06 GMT
I really hate hijack the OP, but in truth none of the scenarios you
mentioned are what I'd like to be able to do:

My group creates products that other areas of the company may or may not
find useful. Vacation tracker, time sheets, workflow, whatever.  What
I'm trying to make the case for is that instead of those groups running
on our servers (and us getting the bill), we give them a copy of
Geronimo and show them how to point to and install only those
applications/plugins that they want from the Admin Console. Creating a
custom server for them to start would certainly be possible and easy
enough to do from what I can see, but at the end of the day, we want to
basically say "Here's your container, here's the repository of what we
make, grab what you want".

As for Maven, all I can say is that every time I've tried to use it (in
Eclipse) I've just gotten very frustrated. I'm sure its much more my
problem than Maven's and it looks like it has TONS to offer.  I just
don't have the patience to get it right.

Thanks!