geronimo-user mailing list archives

From James D Carroll <jamesdcarrol...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Gbean to install plugin from remote repository?
Date Sun, 08 Mar 2009 03:35:46 GMT
The example showed 2 'remote' repositories (for apache) as does my local
install, so that's why I was thinking that it was possible.

And the scenario you gave of a company wide repository is precisely why
I was asking. I work at a very large/ global company and my group
creates web based apps, but in PHP running on Apache. I'm trying to make
the case that we should move to Java/Geronimo so that we can create the
code and post it to the repository. Then the other areas could come and
get it whenever they wanted; perhaps to a test instance first, then
their prod server could pick it up from there when it was approved.

I haven't tried it either; Networking is my kryptonite and gettin it
runnin in VirtualBox is gonna kill me. :)   I wanna workthrough/
understand farming/load balancing/clustering too.

Thanks!