geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Securing queues and topics in embedded ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:59:10 GMT

On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:54 AM, Raj Saini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having problem securing the ActiveMQ admin objects (queues and
> topics) in embedded ActiveMQ.I can do this on a standalone ActiveMQ
> using JAAS login module plugin. Is it possible to do the same in
> embedded ActiveMQ and probably using the Geronimo security realms.

That would be a great feature but I don't think anyone has figured out
how to do this yet.  I suspect you'd need to write some code to adapt
activeMQ to the geronimo security framework.

If you investigate further please let us know what you find out!  You
might want to work with geronimo trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT) as it uses the
much more up to date activemq 5.3-SNAPSHOT and if changes to activemq
are needed there's a much better chance of getting them included in a
future release.

thanks
david jencks