geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Recording resource consumption
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:39:33 GMT

On Mar 10, 2009, at 8:30 PM, James D Carroll wrote:

> I've looked at the monitoring stuff in general and it seems to be
> geared
> more towards a real time view of what going on.  That's fine, but I
> was
> wondering if there is a feature in Geronimo that would log resource
> consumption over a period time for a particular instance.
>
> Bottomline, I need to be able to say to someone "We installed your
> stuff
> on our server and it consumed this much server resource, so you owe me
> this much money."
>
> Any pointers in the right direction for more reading and researching
> on
> my part would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I'm aware of is the monitoring console which IIUC can
be arranged to store snapshots of resource consumption at configurable
intervals.  Maybe you could peek into the database with your billing
software :-)

IIRC the one in trunk (2.2) although not released has somewhat simpler
code (based on jpa).

Otherwise you probably have to write something yourself.... although
you might be able to leverage some jmx monitoring solution.

david jencks