On Feb 12, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

On Feb 12, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

No idea where the MetaDataFactory setting is coming from. Don't see it being set by either Geronimo or OpenEJB. You sure this is not being set by OpenJPA?

Based on the content of the property value, I doubt that OpenJPA would know the structure of the Geronimo artifacts...  Somebody is passing that value into OpenJPA.  Unless there's a new undocumented feature that I am not aware of...  :-)

openjpa.MetaDataFactory:
jpa(Files=/usr/local/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3/
repository/default/callingcard-ear/1.0/callingcard-ear-1.0.car/callingcard-ejb.jar)

I would say that that's the implicit content of the jar-files field in PersistenceUnit which an ee container is required to fill in with the actual locations of the jars to be searched if exclude-unlisted-classes is off.  I'd guess that openjpa internally uses a jdo friendly name rather than a jpa friendly name due to its history.

thanks
david jencks

--kevan