geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Problem with deploying/undeploying/restarting modules
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:00:20 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:22 AM, Beniamin Mazan wrote:
> > I've just found problem in G 2.1.1 release. Very often I can't
> > undeploy module from command line.
>
>  I've encountered lots of problems trying to undeploy apps that did not
>  deploy successfully.  Did the app you can't undeploy actually get
>  deployed successfully or was it a failed deployment?

I've encountered the same issue resently. I'm using linux, sun jdk1.6
and have tried undeploying a ear with the cli deployer both in 2.1.3 and
2.1.4-SNAPSHOT.

My ear contains a web app, some mdb:s and stateless ejb modules.

As far as I can tell the application is properly deployed and runs
fine. When I undeploy both the deploy.sh process and the undeploy
in geronimo seems to hang. In the log file, the last message is this

11:07:14 INFO  [startup] Undeploying app: /opt/geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.\
    1.3/var/temp/geronimo-deploymentUtil2956946420796194584.jar

I've found that if i shut down geronimo it is possible to do a offline
undeploy using deploy.sh -o undeploy, so no need to do it manually in
the repository direcotry like others in this thread.

--
Fredrik Jonson