geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to write GBean wrapper for DatabasePool
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 17:42:49 GMT

On Feb 20, 2009, at 5:04 AM, Hearty wrote:

> I would like to write a GBean for my DatabasePool.
> I required to set many properties like
> connectionProperties="SetBigStringTryClob=true" etc. to my database
> pool
> configuration which is not available with admin console.
>
> I will appreciate if any body can provide a wrapper GBean code for
> Database
> [For Oracle or any other database]

We use the tranql wrappers for various database drivers, see https://svn.codehaus.org/tranql

If there are properties you can set on a vendor Datasource or
XADatasource you could add them to the ManagedConnectionFactory
implementation and submit a patch and we'll release an updated version.

If you want to use a different pooling solution and want JTA
transactions to work you have a significant amount of work ahead of
you.  To see how much, you could look at

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/tags/geronimo-txmanager-parent-2.1.1

thanks
david jencks