geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't Publish
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:59:05 GMT

On Feb 13, 2009, at 6:01 PM, vispatel85 wrote:

> I can't publish a Dynamic Web Project on Geronimo, I'm getting the
> following
> error in the console:
> 19:59:29,031 ERROR [RepositoryConfigurationStore]
> E:\g\geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3\repository\default\springapp
> \1.0\springapp-1.0.car
> is not an empty directory
>

> I've tried deleting the springapp folder and republishing but it's not
> working.
>
> I've attached the stacktrace, any ideas?

Usually this error occurs because you have already deployed the app
once and are trying to deploy it again rather than redeploy it or
because something went wrong on an undeploy or failed deployment and
geronimo couldn't delete all the files from the previous deployment.

I usually just start over with a fresh copy of geronimo to assure that
I really know what is installed, but you can also manually delete the
directory mentioned.  Since you appear to be on windows there may be
file locks preventing deletion so you may have to turn off geronimo
first.

If you have a reproducible way to get this problem (assuming you
aren't trying to deploy the same app twice) that you can share we'd
like to see it so we can try to fix the deletion code.

thanks
david jencks