geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Unable to deploy tomcat app with WADI Cluster and dbpool
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:29:06 GMT
Hi,

I identified a problem with this WIKI page

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Farming+using
+Deployment

The j2eeType property of the name of the BasicNodeInfo GBean provided
as template was incorrect. It was 'NodeInfo' instead of 'GBean'.
Could you please check that the names of the configured nodes in var/
config/config.xml look like (note tthe j2eeType=GBean property):

org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1/car?
ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/farming/2.1/
car,j2eeType=GBean,name=NodeInfo2

If the j2eeType is incorrect, then the node declaration is useless.
In other words, the WAR is not deployed to the configured node. With
this change, when you start/stop/undeploy the WAR on the node used to
deploy the WAR, the WAR will also be started/stopped/undeployed on
the other nodes.

if you want to automate the creation of a datasource instead of using
the console wizzard, then you can deploy a resource adapter plan for
your connection pool. There is a handy wizard to create such a plan:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Using+the
+Geronimo+database+pool+wizard

Thanks,
Gianny