geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with deploying/undeploying/restarting modules
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:10:29 GMT

On Feb 27, 2009, at 1:47 AM, Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> In <CC61EE4C-3588-444F-8E77-8A97DF471C91@gmail.com> Kevan Miller
> wrote:
>
>> Would be really nice, however, to pin down the source of your online
>> undeploy hang. Can you share the application that will illustrate the
>> problem?
>
> I'm eager to help, of course. Let me see if I can pull togheter a ear
> that hangs, and that I can share. Should I create a new jira issue?

That would be great.

> Btw, are there any other "known issues" in this area? Like the one
> David mentioned, that apps that are not properly loaded hangs on
> undeployment.

Probably, however I don't recall anybody actively working on them.
Afraid the tendency is to fix the deployment problem, then never quite
get back to fixing the undeploy problem (which is really a 'deploy'
problem). If you or anybody else has specific instances where
deployment can't be undeployed, please raise a jira. And if anybody is
interested in pitching in with some coding/debuggnig, this might be an
interesting area to look into...

--kevan