geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library is already loaded in another ClassLoader (On stopping and starting the application)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:41:20 GMT

On Feb 24, 2009, at 7:01 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> Hearty wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>>      I am getting an error as follows
>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: lic (Library is already loaded in
>> another
>> ClassLoader)
>> This is happening when I stopping the application and start it again.
>> [apache geronimo is running,
>> I am only stopping/starting application by using the admin console]
>>
>> The lic.jar is present within the repository folder. The jar file is
>> internally referring a dll file.
>>
>> Please give me a valid solution to resolve this issue?
>>

> Take the classloader that accesses the native library out of the
> application, e.g. create a GBean that does nothing but delegate to the
> native library.

I think this is similar to Kevan's suggestion.  However, all you need
is the classloader, not a gbean.  Kevan's sharedlib reference idea
should work, however I would recommend installing the lic.jar and any
other jars that need to be in the same classloader in the geronimo
repository and constructing a "classloader" plugin that includes
them.  There are several examples in geronimo such as the jee-specs
plugin: imitating one of these is probably the easiest if you are
willing to use maven to build the plugin.

thanks
david jencks