geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA problems with multi persistence.xml
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:22:35 GMT

On Feb 11, 2009, at 10:55 PM, bongosdude wrote:

> I posted this problem on openjpa forum: Please see this thread at:
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-multi-persistence-units-td2303818.html#a2304438
>

> One of OpenJPA developer replied to my post and pointed out some
> problem
> that may be caused by how geronimo configures openjpa. I copied his
> reply
> here and hope someone from geronimo developers can comment
>
> Hi,
> It looks like Geronimo might be passing in some extra properties to
> OpenJPA???  In the trace, there are two openjpa properties that are
> suspect.  You don't have them in your persistence.xml.  And, if you
> are not
> passing them in as system properties, then my next guess is
> Geronimo.  The
> two properties that seem to be causing your situation are these:
>
> openjpa.MetaDataFactory:
> jpa(Files=/usr/local/geronimo-
> tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3/repository/default/callingcard-ear/1.0/
> callingcard-ear-1.0.car/callingcard-ejb.jar)
>
> openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings: buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)
>
> The first one (MetaDataFactory) specifies which persistence types to
> process.  Since a jar file is specified, we will search the jar file
> for any
> persistence types (regardless of whether they are listed in a
> persistence.xml file or not).  Our documentation explains this a bit
> more
> [1].

I don't know where the MetatDataFactory setting is coming from... I
can't find anywhere where it is set by either Geronimo/OpenEJB. Maybe
I'm not looking in the right places.

> The next property (SynchronizeMappings) is what I was referring to in
> earlier e-mails.  This is the property that tells OpenJPA to please
> create
> the tables if they do not exist.

Yes, that's our default setting for SynchronizeMappings. See var/
config/config.xml

You can override by adding the following property in your
persistence.xml

<property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="false" />

--kevan