geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to scan file during initialization java.lang.NullPointerException
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:42:36 GMT

On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Edwin Ansicodd wrote:

> I'm getting the following error when deploying a .war file to
> geronimo 2.1.2
> deploy folder:
>
> Geronimo Application Server started
> 16:32:21,234 ERROR [DirectoryMonitor] Unable to scan file
> C:\Programme\Apache Software Foundation\geronimo-2.1.2\deploy
> \JPS.war during
> initialization
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment
> .hot
> .DirectoryHotDeployer.getDeploymentTime(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:237)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.initialize(DirectoryMonitor.java:240)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:
> 213)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Any ideas?

I'd say the deployment is failing and we're not handling it very well...

Anything in your server log? You'd probably get more information by
using the deploy.sh/deploy.bat command.

Assuming I'm correct, fixing the deployment error would address your
problem. However, we should handle the failure better than this. If
you could raise a Jira, that would be good...

--kevan