geronimo-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Rondinaud <sron...@club-internet.fr>
Subject GEP 2.1.3: error message when deploying an EAR without deployment descriptor
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 17:01:36 GMT
Hello all,

After having created a simple EAR (EJB+Web) project, I had some
trouble deploying on the local server.

The error message was "Cannot deploy the requested application module
because no deployer is able to handle it.  This can happen if you have
omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or
if, for example, you are trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal
Geronimo server that does not have EJB support installed. (moduleFile=/
tmp/geronimo-deployer24875.tmpdir/TestJ2EE.zip)"

The problem was that I had not generated the deployment descriptor
stub for both the EAR project (giving the aforementioned message) and
the EJB project (giving an error saying that the project.jar was not
an EJB).

Hope this might help someone,

Cheers,

   St├ęphane